Wait. Is this not a sober social media? Like

Wait. Is this not a sober social media? I am part of many Facebook sober groups but it’s constantly people relapsing on real time and drunk posting while asking for help not to be drunk. I was really looking forward to a platform in which the users are sober as well. Can you point me in the right direction?

3 Likes

We are here Catherine, but there are going to be people who are not in the same point in their recovery as you and I might be. It’s all part of the process. Post about your sobriety. Maybe you can be the shining light that someone else so desperately needs.

8 Likes

Hi! Glad to meet someone at a longer point in their recovery. I could share. I could inspire. But I kinda am emotionally drained with everything thats been going on. I want to be selfish and seek support too, ya know? Seeing these relapsing and self hatred and guilt posts alllllll day long across multiple platforms in multiple groups is such a drag. I feel for every single one of them but then I also don’t relate. I don’t want to be mean, or rude or seem elitist. Maybe I’m just not being open and understanding enough. But the relapsing posts are quite triggering! It throws me back into the times I woke up feeling regret and I haven’t had a night like that in nearly three years! Wow. I’m totally unloading on you. I’m sorry! Maybe I need to figure out a way to change my perspective. Understand that it is truly a difficult disease and be grateful I can stick with my sobriety. Idk. Grr.

3 Likes

I think the point is we’re supposed to b sober here or at least on a legitimate sober journey? Idk. I’m 29 days in but feel good sober support on here so far.

7 Likes

This is a sober community, but even then we all have struggles. The relapse posts are important because we are here to help and get help.

3 Likes

This is a sober social platform. However, there is a certain amount of helping people through a relapse. While we do not revel in a setback, for many it is a norm for early sobriety. I am sorry if it is a trigger for you to read about a relapse. As you continue down your journey it should get easier to help people through their relapse.

2 Likes

Very nice!! One month down!!!!

1 Like

Thank you for understanding and for the sympathy. I’m trying not to be such a turd. I don’t want to say that they are failing, because they are trying and trying is progress and progress and progress no matter how small. Especially since I know so many people who refuse to see they have a problem. Admitting that alcohol is a problem in your life is a WIN. So keep at it.

Personally, for me. Relapsing is absolutely unacceptable. Maybe I hold myself to too high of a standard? Is there anyone who can relate to that? Like if I relapsed at almost 3 years sober……I would probably kill myself. I had tried 4 times when I was drinking, hence the stopping. In my own journey, in my own recovery, I can NOT allow myself to relapse. And that’s why seeing the relapse posts triggers me. It makes it seem okay for me. And it’s NOT okay for ME. I will die.

2 Likes

The sad truth is, many who relapse felt the same way. Their relapse and restart stand as a testimony that there is recovery after relapse. To say it is ok to relapse would be to give free license to go out and use, but to give support to those who slip is to restore their faith that they too can come back.

3 Likes

I, too, took relapse out of my personal vocabulary. In my heart, I know that for me to relapse is to die. 26 years sober. But I remember my early days and continue to support those who do relapse, letting them know that recovery is possible.

3 Likes

Wow! 26 years! Go you! So I’m not the only person who took relapse out of their recovery journey. I suppose after 26 years, the relapse posts aren’t as triggering? How do you handle seeing those posts when you haven’t in TWENTY SIX years??? Wow

Can you see the slippery slope
That I’m struggling with? Seeing people relapsing and seeing them get support. In my head, makes it seem like it’s okay? But like. What are supposed to do? It’s not like we can shame people who relapse. That’s completely inappropriate and totally non-productive. How do you balance yourself on that

It can be. I look at it like this. I could be them. It is never ok to fall, but the true loss is to stay down.

3 Likes

Ooh! I like that. It’s never okay to fall, but the true loss is to stay down. Thank you. Especially since, nobody likes to trip or fall

2 Likes

I don’t know if you are a 12 step person or not, but I am, and I see some of these posts as opportunities for step 12 work. To always be there for the alcoholics who still suffer.

I’m on team No Fucking Way. But it’s still 1 day at a time

1 Like

3 years is huge to all of us who have only 23 days. We need the wisdom and support of people like you who have it through holidays, deaths, great days, bad days. Please stay and help guide us so I don't relapse.

1 Like

Welcome to Loosid! This is a blissful app of sobriety! I love it here. It helps me when Im not able to get to a meeting or get on zoom.
For me relapse posts are a reminder of how our disease is real and can sneak up on us at anytime. I have over 600 days now and I can say that my God is guiding me through life now. I’m here to be sober and help others regardless of there addiction. My sobriety is in the will power of my God of my understanding. Once I’ve learned to except this idea the thoughts of relapsing have ceased.
Keep coming back. You got this.

1 Like

We all seek recovery but not one person's road is like another's...we support anyone who has a desire to stop using or drinking because "the therapeutic value of one addict helping another is without parallel"

2 Likes

I absolutely LOVE your consistency in input and how genuine it is :slight_smile: thank you! Gives me hope :slight_smile:

1 Like

LOVE THIS! You’re right! We don’t beat on the kid for falling. Now that’s a perspective switch I can get used to

1 Like