This Saturday was the last straw

Hang in there man

1 Like

If you get the chance to apologize to anyone you hurt, try to do it. Acknowledging our bad behavior is a good way to release the shame.

1 Like

Towards the end of my drinking I woke up on. NYC sidewalk with one shoe, robbed and beaten. You have not ruined your life trust me. You need to give yourself some TLC, find strong support, stop blaming yourself it is never too late.

1 Like

Y’all are amazing. I’m grateful for everyone being supportive of every journey. I’m grateful to be connected with amazing people.

1 Like

I wonder why we drunk text. I did the same thing when drinking and would never text those things when not drinking

Thanks Rick. Yea, I done with stupidity

So many people showed me warmth

I can guess mine. Probably out of desperation to hook up. Or probably out of feeling lonely and wanting to talk

stay strong and positive.

1 Like

Yo Ajay! How goes it man!? :grin:

Happy Friday jason. This weekend and next weekend would cake walks , because I am sick with cold and cough, next weekend , easter dinner with a couple of acqua loving friends. What are your plans for the weekend? My real test to sobriety starts from April , when no one is checking on me anymore, healthy and feeling great and then my brain is going to murmur, "hey, you've been doing fine. You are single, why are you staying home. Just go out and enjoy one drink and socialize". That's when I to switch on netflix, haha

It is a happy Friday afternoon, long week at the office. Geesh! I am going to hang around the house, start the spring cleaning in my yard/garage. I enjoy tinkering around the house.:grin: I suppose I was curious how you have been doing. However i am not planning to abandon you when your are doing better. I figured we can help each other navigate recovery. My experience has proven the more support I give and receive helps create some consistency with happiness and well-being. It is always nice having a new pal. How about them apples? You down for that? I sure would appreciate it! :grin:

1 Like

Good to hear. It has taken me decades to wiggle out of stupid myself. I don’t mean this condescendingly but you are young and have a whole life ahead of you. You are not stupid and there is no defect. You are merely doing what we all do and that is trying to navigate this life and world as best as we can. Here for you.

1 Like

Haha. That's nice. Super awesome. I am up for new friends

Thanks alot Rick

I just deleted all my social media accounts too :grimacing:

We tend to beat ourselves up more than others do because we have to live with the guilt and shame. Be kind to yourself; today is a new day.

1 Like

Haha. Nice. There will be frustration, wanting to open them up.. but you will be fine

Thanks alot Shari. I think my mood is getting better day by day

I’m glad to hear this Ajay.