Sober by choice and dating can be rough. I prolonged

Sober by choice and dating can be rough. I prolonged going sober even though I wanted it bc of dating and today a guy told me I wasn’t datable bc me being sober was boring and not spontaneous enough for him. :exploding_head: (we hadn’t yet to meet). Didn’t realize the two correlated :rofl:

10 Likes

That guy sounds like a lame! :man_shrugging:t4:

5 Likes

Thank you! Needed to vent. Literally the majority of me dating when guys find out I don’t drink they ditch. Like is alcohol that important. It’s a substance :exploding_head:

1 Like

No worries! Some guys just don’t get it.

2 Likes

I always mention it before I even meet them so they’re aware haha not trying to hide anything :relaxed:

3 Likes

His loss :wink:

2 Likes

Thats why we are here for each other, your gorgeous his lose

1 Like

The honest truth for a lot of people is that keeping alcohol in their life is more important
than any relationship they have or might have in the future . Even if they aren’t “alcoholics “ ... the thought of existing without booze is too troubling to consider . The other issue is that a lot of guys bank on girls being drunk /buzzed to get what they want physically and might think that’s off the table if a girl doesn’t drink . Not “spontaneous enough “ probably translates to he doesn’t think you will be as open to physical stuff as a girl who drinks . Honestly your sobriety will act as a pretty good filter to find guys who want to actually get to know you vs just looking for a quick hookup .

6 Likes

Very wise. And I don’t mind dating someone who drinks. I just wont haha but valid point on the hook ups haha

You don’t need him then if he can’t respect your sobriety

2 Likes

That person sounds greasy. He doesnt even know you and bases your personality off of a very disciplined and healthy choice. Theres life outside of getting lit. What ever happened to people being themselves and /or enjoying things without being under the influence? Nah girl you dodge a weird guy lol....

4 Likes

You wrote this so perfectly. And just so so true.

2 Likes

I don’t go on a date at a bar with someone new but if we have dinner I personally don’t feel I need to tell them anything. I think establishing boundaries is good. I don’t owe anyone I meet for a date an explanation for this. Trust is earned.

3 Likes

Just be very, very careful about relationships for at least a year. Trust me on this, because I have done “research” more than once. Hardly anything busts up a length of sobriety more than a relationship. Personally, I need an 18-month chip before I dip my toe in that pond again. But, I know, easier said than done. Congrats on staying sober. Now, fight like mad to keep it. :v::heart::call_me_hand:

2 Likes

If someone can’t appreciate you. For who you are and being sober to have a better life. There are many more that will! Awesome job being sober!! Congrats!!

2 Likes

I agree

2 Likes

Exactly!!! Love this. You get me girl haha

Yes this is sooooo true!

Hey
If being with someone because they drink or don’t drink is no way to go through life
I have no idea how sober people put up with us and our constant destruction of everything good in a relationship
Once you sober up why do you want to be with a drunk
Trust me you don’t
That’s why you get sober

1 Like

Lol, stay away from folks like him, reason being that is all he has , mind altering living

2 Likes