Small 🤏 or big❗wins

What are some of the small or big wins you have had in sobriety that have felt like huge accomplishments? Brag a little bit ...

I've been making big strides in needed physical therapy​:leg::foot: and I am now consistently brushing my teeth at night too and they look great :wink::grin:!

2 Likes

Oh man everything is a huge stride from where I was when I got here. Biggest stride is earning my kids trust back. Others include earning my moms trust back, earning my job back, getting a car, my own home , my sanity! If I didn’t get sober I’d be homeless or dead.

3 Likes

Keeping a job instead of bouncing around,

2 Likes

I’ve maintained successful employment throughout the pandemic thanks to working steps and continued sobriety. I am very grateful.

2 Likes

Being able to see certain things for what they truly were, learning how to be alone, coming up with my own business.

2 Likes

I like starting the day with HOPE stories. I didn't drink yesterday...and I've not had a drink today. Also, I do not have an obsession this AM for a drink. One day at a time.

3 Likes

I like some of us lost everything when I was drinking. When I got into recovery life got better. Started getting things back in my life. The best thing that I got back into my life. When I reached nine years of sobriety I got into a relationship. And six years after that I get married for the first time in my life. That was the greatest and biggest thing that ever happened to me. And I’m very grateful for that even though my wife passed away three years ago. That was still the biggest and greatest thing that ever happened In my life.

This is absolutely amazing. I'm glad sobriety brought restoration in your life.

Sweet. Keep it up.

Yes! :raised_hands:t5::raised_hands:t5:

I'm glad to hear you're still employed. Employment is a blessing.

Yes! Entrepreneurship.

The wilderness of loneliness is one of the best things that ever happened to me.

1 Like

All of this Greg. Congrats on another 24 hours sober.

Hi Kelly. I'm sorry about your loss. I'm glad you were able to experience love in sobriety. Love is a beautiful thing.

I'm gonna keep this very short and simple... when I stay sober and clean other as well as I get to live a good life

Going on Sunday morning hikes instead of sleeping the day away and feeling like crap.

Being able to look my daughter in the eyes without guilt

That's a great way to look at it.

1 Like

That's good for the body and mind.

Love this.