On day one again. Feeing defeated ☹️

On day one again. Feeing defeated :frowning:

4 Likes

I’m on day 1 too!!!!!!! Stay strong in the name of Jesus!

2 Likes

The struggle is real

3 Likes

AMY , its okay don't bring yourself down , hook up to AA meeting or find a sponsor but for for the mean while take it one day at a time.. we're here for you..

1 Like

Day one is never a defeat. Slipping is a setback that becomes a victory when it is followed by a new day one.

1 Like

Thank you hun

Just want to beat this

1 Like

Don’t beat your self up. I’ve bee through it several times. We all go through it every now and then. That’s why they call it struggles. You can do it

You welcome

We can do this

1 Like

Good morning Mimi!!! It doesn’t matter if it’s day one or day 1 million all that counts as you’re here and you’re looking for help. And we’re all here to help one another. Even those with a lot of sobriety still need help. I have a few years and I still need help and I’m not afraid to admit it. It’s great they have a family like this because we all care about one another no matter what happens. The only requirement to be in this family is a desire to quit drinking. That’s all it takes. Just because I have a few years does it mean that I’m not on day one. It’s day one because yesterday is gone today’s here and I don’t care about tomorrow. I’ll worry about tomorrow tomorrow. So I know you got this we all got this no matter how many times we slept. And I know I’ll be here for you if you need anything. Just lock me up.

5 Likes

This is probably the best thing I’ve read on this app. Every day is day 1.

3 Likes

Thank you.

Keep your head up!!! If you need someone to talk to I'm here for you

That would be nice

Amy welcome back! Congrats on Day 1! I’m going to point out one thing, try something different this time. What’s one thing you can do that you didn’t do the last time you got sober?
For me this time I’m in all the way! I’m listening, I’m making sober friends. I’m reading the big book. I have a sponsor. I’m getting into working the steps. I’m meditating. Helping others. Helping my community. I’m sure there’s more. This time I’m going to live my life on life’s terms.
Keep your head up! I love Andy Grammer’s music. Helped me get through a lot. Happy music.

1 Like

I’m at day 5, it’s hard and seems useless sometimes but there’s always a way out.

Your shortcomings are with you or against you, this is the things in us that can push us forward or stick us in a hot trunk and walk away. That why step up to the steps, dig into the nasty passed and change things, only start at step one, don't try it alone, you will loose, you can do it..

Same here friend. Has a close family member pass and services were this past weekend… I drank ALOT, and I’m still trying to recover… I’m tired of these day ones over and over. I’ve had some progress in sense I’ve cut back a lot but I struggle with managing emotions and turn to alcohol when feeling them heightened.

1 Like

I’ve been feeling stuck for 2 weeks! Hang in there. Good things come with time