New to this app, newly sober (again), in active withdrawal

How are you faring now?

Merin! I have been trying to respond directly to your message, with technical difficulties all over the place (could just be me). I’m so sorry I didn’t reply sooner. If you still would be down to co

connect, please DM me and I will write you back (don’t seem to be able to start them myself). Your message meant a lot to me; thank you for your kindness and grace. I hope this finds you safe and well! :heart::yellow_heart::green_heart::blue_heart::purple_heart:

Vanishing point, I am much better! Some good days, some bad, and I have a lot of work to do, but, with the help of everyone who responded here and regular meetings, I have hope. Thank you for checking in on me :purple_heart:

1 Like

Reuniting with my wife and daughter after six months separation got me to get sober 7.5 years ago

1 Like

What your doing takes courage. The easy way out is to use our DOC if we have a choice. Hang with like minded people who can relate i found super helpful. I am back again and trying to stay sober and the fellowship I find immensely helpful.
You’re doing great , keep busy and reach out anytime you need a pick me up. I’ve also learnt to not rely on my best thinking :blush: Peace & Love .

1 Like

It’s great to hear you’re in a better place. I’m too familiar with the agony of withdrawal. Seeing others healing and emerging from that always gives me hope.

1 Like

Going to meetings and seeing others who has made it to the other side.

1 Like

Take it one minute at a time.

Praying your higher power provides you with the strength and courage to safely get through with drawls. reach out anytime!

1 Like

What gives me hope is my strength to this journey alone, in world surrounded with alcohol. I look at my children and say to myself, “I don’t want them to live a life like I have. I want them to be happy.” And this helps me see that drinking is t worth it. And I make a lot of mocktails and drink a lot of tea! I find that the process of making a special drink is helpful.:heartbeat:

1 Like

Prayer always works for me

1 Like