New to this app, newly sober (again), in active withdrawal

Whoa whoa, caffeine? I was with you until you came for my coffee.

2 Likes

One thing at a time. For me I had to. It wasn’t doing me any good. My sleep was all jacked up. Now I don’t need caffeine to be energized throughout my day.

1 Like

Hang in there Elizabeth! Be extra careful if you’re detoxing from alcohol without medical supervision. If you are experiencing delirium tremens I would suggest going to the hospital or talking with your primary at the very least. It is true with alcohol, that the withdrawals get more severe each time. Also the amount of time drinking(days)and alcohol consumed was less than previous binges I had been on.

I know I have another drink in me, but I don’t know if I have another recovery in me. Heard this in a meeting and it’s something I have always need to remind myself of. Stay strong, and I pray you recover quickly.

Whats your gut tell ya? That's the little spark gave us all, people, plants, animals, bugs, to live. Whats your gut tell you. Not your feelings, not your emotions, not your memories of the past or your dreams for the future, but your gut right now. Gather from there and build on that. Share it in group and with your sponsor. Put it to the test. I have faith in you. Go girl go!

I made affirmations and posted them on YouTube for ppl wherever they are in there sober journey, maybe they will help you. Stay strong :purple_heart:
Positive affirmations for sobriety - be encouraged on your sobriety journey - YouTube

This is a beautiful and inspiring message. Thank you so much. You’re a warrior for hope :green_heart:

2 Likes

I found hope in seeing others struggling and getting through, the others in the community I had around me getting better, recovering, progressing, I found hope that even though I was struggling I for once realized, and accepted, drinking wasn't going to fix it.

Good Morning Elizabeth!! How are you feeling? Are symptoms subsiding? Have you found a meeting yet? I recommend the book living sober. It’s an easy quick read and pretty spot on.

1 Like

Thank you so much for this, Kevin. I’m so glad you made it through and have reconnected with your son. You’ve accomplished some mighty things

1 Like

Elizabeth, you’re welcome! I’m glad to be of service. Thank you :pray: happy Sun day.

1 Like

Welcome Elizabeth! Thank you :pray:
This journey is beautiful, I’m blessed to be here and to share my story. The road ahead maybe bumpy or smooth I don’t know. But what I do know is I have sobriety tools and God by my side to go to travel on this journey with. Stay clean and sober my friend

1 Like

Does anyone else have issues with the iPhone app? I’m realizing I can only lose the web app. Been trying all morning to share with you all and have lost novels. Yesterday was a good day; today is not. This thread and your voices are giving me strength, and if I haven’t responded to a message directly, it’s NOT because I haven’t drawn strength and courage from it, it’s the stupid app

Thank you Greg. I am currently detoxing from the xanax I used—abused—to get through my last alcohol detox. i was in the hospital earlier this week and am still under medical supervision, but not as much as I would like. I have someone with me at all times in case I need to go back. I want badly to go to rehab. I have been in and out of sobriety my whole life. I will abuse anything but alcohol is my main demon. I’ve had three detoxes, each progressively worse, yet this is the first time I am able to sit in full acceptance of the fact that I am an alcoholic and an addict and unless I work a sober path now, addictive substances of any kind will kill me.

It‘s the first time I *want to be sober, for me and no one else. i am hanging onto that above all else.

Man, I love this. My gut tells me the world is full of miracles—all the things you mentioned, Andrew, and more—we just have to be present to see them. I rarely am. I want to be. What does your gut tel you?

I don't know that I felt hope in the beginning; more like desperation to just stop hurting. You're probably going through the worst of it right now, but I promise it will get better eventually. Just keep hanging in there!

1 Like

iPhone app can be glitchy but restarting the phone has always worked for me.

Recovery by Russell Brand is another good one. Read and drink water and go to meetings. Watch speakers on YouTube. And when you start to feel low, remember that this is a disease. Fuck anyone who throws that willpower bullshit at you. Willpower doesn’t cure cancer and it doesn’t cure addiction. 12 steps saved my life. It works.

The folks at the meeting were my hope..:+1:

1 Like

That is exactly what I needed to hear. I realized today I’m not ready to go back to work tomorrow and need a medical leave. I’m gonna have to fight for it. I need inpatient, IOP, meetings all day—something. And I need more medical oversight than I am getting. This detox is baaaad.

I don’t want to lose my job, but I also don’t want to use, and I don’t want to die. I committed to this path fully, for the first time in my life, three days ago. I’m gonna honor that with all I have.

1 Like

Welcome

1 Like

I wasn't in stages of detox but there was a distinct moment that I realized the 24 behind me were an assurance of hope. I realized that as long as I don't put dope in my body...there is a hope for tomorrow that is mine. None can take that from me...hang in there chat me anytime if you need to talk

1 Like