I have put myself in a hot mess throughout my

I have put myself in a hot mess throughout my addiction. For the past 6 years I was in a relationship with someone who ended up getting locked up for the past 2 years and over the past year, I ended up meeting someone else and even got married to him in December just acting impulsive. On May 1st of this year, my longtime boyfriend got out of prison, clean and sober for over 2 years to date and came up this amazing idea for a website that is for sure going to take off and my new husband ended up getting locked up for drug charges and got sent up to prison throughout the summer. My old boyfriend told me that if I want anything to do with this potentially very successful website idea of his.... I would have to get clean. So after a month of my continued running, I decided to get some help and have been clean and sober since May 31st. Since then, we got a website developer to begin the website and hired an attorney to get the business started up legally. I can see a lot lot of success in the future with this site. But now my husband, who I do have a lot of love for, will be getting out in about a month and a half, and my old boyfriend expects (understandably) me to get a divorce. I'm tornšŸ˜“

2 Likes

Oh my God, im feeling Glad not to be in a relationship at this time after reading that, torn thats putting it nicely, alone can be a blessing at times, a curse on those full moon nights, busy can be good, goals can be good, I read about some people,and realize God's put me in a Good place, Im addicted to anything that feels good and a few things that don't feel good,good luck on your venture..hope your sober and

1 Like

Your doing better that a few I've came across

Of course I'm sober. And having goals, if you fully read my post, was my inspiration to get sober. I do still have the time right now, technically single. I've been working on myself and living in a women's sober living home and it feels good to connect with women. It's just that the time will come when the hubby is released in a month or 2 and the one who has a future to him is in a court mandated half way house. I'm perfectly content where I am right now cuz this is exactly where God wants me to be

Hey Melinda Sandy here. Iā€™m new to this app but happy I found it. Listen my sponsor use to tell meā€¦
Sandy when we get sober you get very horny. So if it feels good in the muffin you Fā€™n in love!
Iā€™d drop both those guys. Keep them as friendly neighbors and work in you young lady. You step and recovery ā¤ļøā€šŸ©¹ are priority #1. Your whatā€™s happening. You donā€™t need anymore emotional wreckage! Keep your website and work hard. Youā€™re going to be a success. Those guys will just bury you alive. And the pussyā€¦cat :smirk_cat: lolā€¦ will have you picking up again in no time. Save yourself & ask God for help to stay sober every day.
Just saying. :sunglasses: wishing you the best.

Girl, dick is the last thing on my freshly sober mind right now. I've remained celibate throughout the whole time I've been sober. I'm not thinking about that. I'm thinking about my future because this website is not my idea. I simply invested time and money and energy on it with the old bf who came up with the idea. Hopefully he doesn't wind up like Mark Zuckerberg and screw me out of the company and only give me 0.03% like he did his best friend in the movie :confounded::laughing:

1 Like

I've mainly been focusing on my own recovery by going to meetings, working the steps, and doing service work. That's been my main focus

1 Like

Awesome

Other than that, I thank you for taking the time to reply :relaxed:

1 Like

Hello Melinda!!!! ļæ¼ you have been in two different relationships in the last few years. Youā€™ve been married to one of them but they both ended up in prison probably for the same reason. You just got lucky and didnā€™t get caught with them. Thatā€™s your higher power telling you something. Ask yourself this question and answer yourself truthfully.
Are either one of these guys worth getting sent to prison for?
Because if you get back up with either one of them you could possibly end up there. Wanna get sober in prison but the other one didnā€™t. Remember money does funny things to people. And if that website goes off great for you and your partner. But that could be a downfall as well. But I hear you and understand you being in a difficult situation to choose. Step back and take a look at both of them really hard and see what you see in them both.
And if you wait good things come to those that wait for something great. Please trust me on that because that happened to me. I waited for many years after sobriety. And I found the right woman that I was Waiting for. That could happen to you as well just make sure you take your time and keep talking about it and get a sponsor.ļæ¼

Hi Kelly!! I sincerely appreciate your response !! While I was lucky enough throughout my addiction never to get caught up in the system, doesn't mean I didn't have close calls. Neither of which I was involved in during the time of the crimes each of them committed. But thankfully, I recently got a great sponsor, and I have plans to discuss this with her in great detail and in person next week on her day off. So I thank you for your advice. I have been mainly working on myself while here in sober living and I'm not too burdened with the others.

Work the steps. Keep making the next right decision. Stay in the present. It is best not to make these huge life altering decisions so soon after getting clean. You know, the whole 1 day at a time thing.

During active addiction our lives become unmanageable. Yours is no exception. It took you years to find yourself in this situation. It is realistic to believe that it will take you just as long to get out from under it.

Sobriety requires rigorous honesty. To yourself and everyone else. Itā€™s perfectly ok to tell people you donā€™t know what to do.

Thank you Craig. And you're very right about the steps. I'm so new to this program and this is all the learning experience of a lifetime and I'm seeing it's a lifelong program. I guess I am making too big of a deal with something that's out of my control. I'm learning to give all this to God. Thank you for reminding me of that :blush:

Also, Sandy is hilariously reminding you something that your husband and your boyfriend wonā€™t want to hear, but thereā€™s a reason your sponsor will tell you to wait a year and get through the steps before you jump into/back into a relationship. Youā€™ll need all the experience strength and hope in the world to navigate those waters when the time comes. Donā€™t rush it.

1 Like

Melinda, if you plan on getting a divorce I strongly suggest you tell current husband while he is incarcerated. Gives him chance to proceed it safely and hopefully sober instead of dropping that on him after his release.

I always say itā€™s bad to give unsolicited advice, so here is some.

Regarding your Mark Zuck comment about ripping his buddy off after the fact. In business this is more of a common scenario than the other way, where everyone is happy with how the post-success deal goes.

As uncomfortable as it may be, Iā€™d recommend you discuss your involvement, your expectations of compensation, and draw up a legal contract. Honestly, this type of thing is part of my recovery work. Historically I avoid difficult conversations. I donā€™t draw boundaries. I donā€™t speak up for myself 100% because I donā€™t want conflict.

Def better to get legal expectations set before a success. And to clearly define whoā€™s responsible for debt if it doesnā€™t succeed. Not to put any bad vibes in the universe, but worth thinking about because building software is expensive and almost never stays on budget.

Wishing you the best across the board!

No Eric, you're "unsolicited advice" is more than appreciated!! And I'm glad to know that I am doing just that, as we are drawing up all the legal aspects of this company by hiring a business law attorney to help with all those possible issues. And I completely appreciate and related to your words when you spoke on setting boundaries and not speaking up to avoid conflict which has ALWAYS been a character defect of mine that I have been trying to address while in the program. so thank you so much for your words. They have been most insightful :grinning:

As long as you stay clean and sober I feel things will work out

Hi Melinda
Congrats on your sobriety journey. Itā€™s a never-ending road to recovery and well worth it. ā€œIt works when you work itā€!
That being said, youā€™ve gotten some excellent advice here. Iā€™d like to elaborate on some crucial points.
First..youā€™re two guys. Maybe it was commendable that long term guy said he needed you sober to get involved with his potentially successful business venture. Please re-think this. You are so newly sober. Long term boyfriend just got released and, not to dismiss his sobriety ..he was incarcerated and itā€™s a whole different story staying sober in the real world, especially trying to start up a business. Iā€™m just feeling something off here.
Iā€™ve been sober for 5,752 days now, been to many many meetings, and have seen so many stories like yours that just did not turn out well.
Please, understand, Iā€™m not trying to discourage you. Iā€™m trying hard not to be ā€œgetting up on my soapboxā€ either.
I just think you seriously need to focus on yourself. In fact, so much so, that means not being in contact, in any way with your husband, when he is released , and especially with long term bf. Itā€™s too soon. I know it may be discouraging, especially since you want to be all -in on the business.
However, $$$ pales in comparison to your life and goals. Get some good time in with tryout sobriety. Business ventures, making $, and relationships can all be there for you when you are stronger and have more time and knowledge ..working on YoU!
Not trying to be preachy, I just feel so uneasy with your recovery, diving into new ventures and maybe old habits. Itā€™s so easy to fall right back into them!
Love and light :sparkling_heart::dizzy::sparkling_heart:
Chelle

Hi Michelle!! I want to thank you and everyone else for their wisdom of sobriety and wisdom. I sincerely appreciate everyone caring enough to make me look at the big picture. But you see... While I am fully aware of the consequences of relationships freshly into sobriety (and I hate speaking with seemingly insubordination) we have spent a bit of time together going over to his family's house who all have amazing recovery stories of their own, they all send us inspirational words that give both of us so much hope as they actually seem interested and supportive in what we have to say about our individual journeys.