I fucked up

I fucked up. going threw a separation was just too much for me and I started hitting the bottle again. Haven't in 3 days and the withdrawal is killing me

Hey Nelson. I’m glad you reached out on here. Any chance you can go to a nearby detox center? It can be really dangerous to do it solo

1 Like

I know. I've had to go to a detox center before. But that time I been drinking for a pretty long time. This time I think I can get threw it without. Yesterday was really bad. Today is nothing like that so I think the worst of it is over. But still sux

Glad u are reaching out. Message if you need support I'm newly sober to like within the week

1 Like

Alright good to know. I’m happy to hear you’re feeling better today. Have any plans tonight?

Na no plans. I I'm going threw a breakup right now and it feels like somebody died. Cant stop crying. Huge headache

I know that feeling. Currently separated from my wife of 16 years. It sucks.

1 Like

How do it?

It's so difficult

I'm new to the app still trying to figure it out.

Breakups are the worst. Idk if you like reading, but a book always seems to help me get out of my head and escape when I’m dealing with heartbreak.

1 Like

I tried reading but I cant pull my mind away from thinking about her. I felt all kinds of pain but this is the worst. I couldn't handle it. It's what drove me back to the bottle. Haven't drank since sunday but before all this shit started i had 3 months sober. I'm dealing with withdrawal, anxiety, depression and this split up all at once.

I can't figure out how to send you a message

Yes, break ups suck.. I lost the only guy I ever loved 3 years ago and it still bothers me sometimes.. I just try to keep myself busy so I don't think about it as much.. It has helped.. U definitely have a lot of support here.. And u r more than welcome to message me too if u ever need to talk :heart:

1 Like

Try reading Facing Love Addiction by Pia Mellody. It’s so helpful to get thru relationship withdrawal.

1 Like

Hang on man it's gonna pass.

1 Like

Ugh, I’m sorry you’re dealing with this all at once. It’s true what they say that when it rains, it pours. I know I’m a stranger so this might not mean much, but I’m proud of you for staying sober since Sunday! Also, the fact that you’ve had a few months of continued sobriety in the past proves that you can do it again. Granted, sh!t is difficult right now which makes escaping all the more appealing but at the end of the day, we know deep down that there isn’t any bad situation a drink or a drug can’t make worse.

1 Like

Ooo I have to check this out!

Definitely will

I couldn't get any sleep. I keep waking up in a panic. Its happened to me before but never this consistent and back to back. I miss sleep