Hi everyone. Just joined. I have 33 years of sobriety

Hi everyone. Just joined. I have 33 years of sobriety from Crystal meth and all the other mood altering substances. Deeply grateful. My sobriety date is 8/18/1987. I love creating art, connecting with other like-minded humans, mentoring, teaching, entrepreneurship, being the mama to my 12 year old Max who has Down syndrome and doing photo sessions internationally. I would have never in a billion years thought my life could be like this! Not perfect at all. But so much better than what it was like when I was using and drinking. Sending everyone here loads of love.

16 Likes

Hi Catherine! I'm glad you've joined this community of great people. It's awesome when more wonderful people join. :blush:

Nearly 34 years is awesome. I'm very proud of you. Keep up the great work.

If you could, give 1 piece of advice that helped you during these 33 almost 34 years.

2 Likes

Hi Amanda! Thank you so much for welcoming me! I feel that kindness from here!

One piece of advice….

I made the decision that no person, place, thing, situation, stress, heartbreak, or thought I might have…would ever take my sobriety away. Nothing outside of me. Nothing inside of me.
I’ve become extremely curious what’s on the other side of discomfort if I move through it. I know for a FACT that there are miracles and expansion waiting for each of us when we decide again and again to stay “here” and not “leave ourselves” no matter what. I’m not the same person I used to be. I’m comfortable in my own skin in a way I never thought I could be. And it’s truly from becoming curious about what happens when NOTHING gets in the way of my sobriety… and I’m willing to feel uncomfortable with life sometimes as I know everything always changes. So hang on.. keep moving forward knowing that there are miracles and expansion waiting for you.

I hope this is helpful!!

4 Likes

Thank you for the feedback Damian. Yes!! Just being yourself no matter what. Not worrying about fitting in or not. Feeling lonely until you get to that place of belonging and finding ways to connect with yourself first.

1 Like

13 years clean from meth and yes I can not even have dreamed what is possible and what I have achieved being clean

2 Likes

Congratulations on everything you have done

Yes I get that !!

Congratulations on 13 years!!!! Isn’t it amazing what happens in life that we never thought possible! Keep going!

Hey! glad you are here!

2 Likes

Wow some inspirational readings. Awesome and ty everyone

1 Like

Wow!! Congratulations on choosing sobriety so early in life. Inspiring. And insightful share. Thank you!

1 Like

This is definitely helpful. I can hear and feel your passion. No thing or person should be more important than sobriety. Thank you for saying that.

1 Like

Thank you!!

Thank you, Steve!

Thank you, Craig!

I’m so glad you find it helpful! Glad you’re here.

1 Like

Congratulations on all your success!

2 Likes

Thank you so much, Leah.

1 Like

Yes sir thank you

Just got the app. Day 1, I will be exploring this for the rest of the day. Kind inspiring words are helpful today.

1 Like