Day 1 for me here. Tired of feeling like a

Day 1 for me here. Tired of feeling like a piece of shit. Looking forward to feeling good again.

13 Likes

Ditto on all of the above!

5 Likes

Me too

3 Likes

Good for you. Day one of many

1 Like

Me too!! On day 2 again!

3 Likes

You may be tired but you definitely shouldn't feel like a piece of shit.you are on day one.you should be proud of yourself.it takes a lot of courage and strength to change.

2 Likes

Keep goin!

1 Like

Idk what I’m doing but I just don’t pick up no matter what. I’m sober but have no AA in my life at the moment. Pandemic hit me hard, lost my job and meetings went to Zoom. Struggling to get back to where I was in March of 2020. Depression is a b*tch.

1 Like

Thank you so much for saying that. I hope in time I can feel better about myself and proud for the change I am making.

1 Like

Congrats on Day 1. Remember 1 day at a time. You can do this.

2 Likes

Thank you all!

So true - vicious cycle between alcohol and depression. Never ending.

2 Likes

Today sound like a great day to start becoming proud.you have friends that believe you are a good person and got your back.you should be happy today..you are making changes that will open the the doors to a new and better you.

2 Likes

Whenever I’ve relapsed, it was never like, “I got this.” It was always, “I’m fucked, but it’s either this or kill myself.” In a strange way, alcohol and drugs saved me many times. They also almost killed me many times. Enough about me, congrats on day 1! You’re gonna do great! I struggle because I’m clinically depressed and anxious (which is common in addicts). Best of luck to you!

1 Like

Just because you feel like a piece of shit, doesn’t mean you are one :crazy_face:

1 Like

Right with you on this one

1 Like

Thanks James!

Awesome! Glad to not be alone in this

Well when you put it that way... lol

1 Like

If you haven't checked it out look for AA intergroup on Google. You'll need zoom but that's bit hard. They have meetings all the time and for every type of personal take on them. You can go hardcore AA or hit a crosstalk group and it's more like shooting the shit with buddies who actually get you.

2 Likes