51 days sober! I’m feeling really lonely and depressed

51 days sober! I’m feeling really lonely and depressed the last week. I had a using dream and I can’t seem to get it off my mind. My drug of choice was alcohol. After I left treatment I left my toxic relationship that I had been in for 12 years. I am living at my parents. I just feel lost like I have nothing anymore. I know it’s best for my sobriety that if I had gone back to my ex I would have relapsed again. Just wish these feelings of depression would pass :frowning:

4 Likes

Be damn lucky you have your parents, can you imagine if you didn’t where you might be! Be greatfull trust me

5 Likes

First off congratulations on being sober! I know its not always easy. I struggle with depression and anxiety myself and feeling lonely can always be hard. But, know deep down your not alone. If you ever need to talk I’m sure many people would listen, including myself.

4 Likes

I am very grateful, trying to get out of this funk I am in. I hate feeling like this

2 Likes

Thank you I really appreciate the kind words

2 Likes

You are closing in on two months. Hang in there. I have been at this for 20 years and I still dream about booze.

5 Likes

Congrats on 20 years. Just want it to get easier. I know it is tough in the beginning like this just gotta keep moving forward

You will get there amy..... I’m alone and I can tell you your very lucky to have family that loves you..... don ever loose that it invaluable!

1 Like

I am sorry to hear that you are alone. It’s a horrible feeling

It will get easier. 2-3 months can be rough. You will make it.

I’m sure trying my hardest

You go to meetings, work the steps and have a sponsor?

1 Like

I go to meetings. I am looking for a sponsor

It is hard to ask for help. I am not hard core AA. I found some of the dogma too rigid. I ultimately had to find my own path.

I am from a small town and the meeting that I go to I have been the only gal. The guys there have been really helpful and have a lot of insight and wisdom. So far I feel I’m doing alright without a sponsor.

1 Like

Are your parents helpful with your recovery?

They are supportive. I have never had the best relationship with my dad. He has always been pretty hard on me. The communication isn’t very open around here and it’s pretty quiet. I don’t really feel I can talk to them.

1 Like

Dads can be remote. What’s a paraprofessional?

What Thom said - be grateful for everything that got you to this point, which is a miracle onto its own. And, you should never feel lonely if you're connected to others in recovery, like here, or at AA meetings. Just reach out to people. Trust me, you'll feel better. One. Day. At. A. Time. :v::vulcan_salute::call_me_hand:

You might try joining women's groups farther away, and online groups, a sponsor can be very helpful, but I would also say "A Woman's Way through the 12 Steps" is a great book and workbook combo. Just be wary of the 13th step.