Yoga in Sobriety ๐Ÿง˜๐Ÿผ I started doing yoga early in my

Yoga in Sobriety :person_in_lotus_position:t3:
I started doing yoga early in my recovery just as something to do with all my free time + I had heard it was good for anxiety.

I ended up really loving it and still practice daily all these years later.

Has anyone else. Tried yoga after getting sober? If so, what has your experience been like?

I wish I liked yoga I find it boring but! I have not tried it after getting sober I should def give it another shot. :thinking:

1 Like

Hmmm very interesting. Can I ask what you find boring about it? Maybe I can give you a suggestion for a more fun practice (if youโ€™d like) lol

Yes that'd be awesomeโ€ฆ. Just felt like it was really slow paced. Lol I dunno if there's a fix for that I think I have to change my mind on why I'd be choosing to do yoga.

Ah yes, the reasoning behind why we do something is so important lol I donโ€™t prefer slow or gentle classes at all bc I get bored very easily and I like a challenge. Weirdly enough, that is an indication to me that I SHOULD do those types of classes more bc what exactly am I running from? :thinking: Basically, I hate being alone in my own head and being still lol if and when you decide to give it a try, I would suggest searching YouTube for a โ€œfull body vinyasa flowโ€ class! Theyโ€™re def not boring - usually I canโ€™t even make it through the whole thing :joy:

That's actually a really great point!! Something tells me that I should be doing yoga because I dislike it so much lollll It definitely requires alot of patience and that's one of my biggest issues. I'm gonna check it out thank you!!!

1 Like

Of course, let me know what you think!