Writing songs and watching Outlander. Happy Holidays, everyone!

Writing songs and watching Outlander. Happy Holidays, everyone!

8 Likes

I'm just over here working on covers.. today is YOLO by The Strokes and some Orange Goblin tunes

Yes Orange Goblin is as awesome as the name implies

2 Likes

Good stuff. Keep it up.

1 Like

Ooh! Fellow musicians! I'm jamming too. Christmas songs over here! You guys got videos or recordings? I'd love to hear your music if you share. Totally understand if that's something you keep to yourself. Here's what I'm working on silent night cover. - YouTube

3 Likes

Oh my God Agi your voice is amazing! :open_mouth:

I might throw something up here if the recording comes out

1 Like

You're great Agi! And I would love to hear more if anyone else wants to share :slightly_smiling_face:. I've tried to play but never stick with it. Maybe a project for 2021 if anyone has advice for a beginner.

2 Likes

Here's my Christmas jingle for everyone.. I use the original backing track so it's already copyright struck :joy: it's just a goof for you guys anyway

2 Likes

Advice for a beginner? Well it's a lot like recovery actually. It's hardest at the beginning, then it gets easier and more rewarding every day.. And it only really works if you commit to it. What instrument do you want to learn?

I have an acoustic guitar and I think an electric I started out with… first thing first, I probably can't remember how to read music :sweat_smile:

Only dorks can read music! Nah, that's just sour grapes, I am in fact a dork and I can't read music at all. It's really not necessary, especially for guitar.

It's easy to start with stuff like learning A minor to C, A minor to E minor, there's tons of beginner videos on YouTube. There's lots of people who give beginner lessons too. It's an awesome hobby, let me know if you have any questions

1 Like

I honestly wasn't able to commit to learning guitar until I started taking lessons from someone via Zoom. I work such long hours and just always had a reason to put off practicing on my own. Having someone else investing his time and energy into helping me has made me more disciplined and as a result, I'm completely in love with playing now. It also helps having someone give you specific things to practice at a time, because if you're like me, you want to learn everything at once and jump around with no real direction. Of course you can still learn things on your own, but just having that foundation and individual guidance has been really beneficial to my learning guitar. If you have the extra money to spare, I would definitely recommend lessons.

1 Like

I second what everyone else has said! Your voice is so soothing :heart: Thank you for sharing!

1 Like

Thank you Brittany :blush:! Yes, I think I might be in the same boat as you as far as needing direction to stay on track

2 Likes

This is pure gold. Thanks for sharing! :metal:

1 Like

Great job Matt!!!

Thanks for the compliments, everyone!!

Wow! I didn't realize we had so many guitarists. My husband wants to take guitar lessons. I'll have to reach out to you all for some tips.

1 Like

Happy hollidays

1 Like

Wow forgot about this post. It's been a long while since I did.

Well I've had this guitar since I was a kid, but I always just went through short phases of picking it up and putting it down. I only REALLY committed to it last October. The whole process of creating music - writing, playing, recording, arranging, mixing - has been extremely therapeutic. What instruments does your music room consist of?