Why can’t I just sleep, F.U

Why can’t I just sleep, F.U anxiety & racing thoughts.

Concentrate on your breathing, I like to visualize snow drifting softly on a grey drift....and no more sugar.:sparkling_heart:

1 Like

Hello

1 Like

I was just like you for the 1st 3 nights.. melatonin has helped

1 Like

Yea no sugar intake really, just some nights/mornings are worse than others. Thank you for the input! :heart:

Hello, hope you have a marvelous day.

I’m sorry to hear that, I’m glad melatonin has helped and hope it continues to help so you get the rest deserved on your sober journey. Thank you for the input, I’ll definitely look into some.

Hey man. The anxiety it a pain. I've been there...for me it takes the form of a claustrophobic attack. The weight of a blanket can trigger it.it isn't all the time but it does happen. Then because of that I can't sleep. I have to do something to get myself out of my head to get it to subside. I normally read. I hope you find your escape so you can sleep

1 Like

Appreciate that Steven, I believe a lot has to do with the pressure of life, where I’m at in life, who’s in & who’s not in my life, being stuck in “what is my purpose mode” trying to find my niche, self-acceptance in things I can’t change about myself, my kids & time with them more so when I’m away from them, I’ve definitely been trying to read more, but the chatter doesn’t stop even when I’m in the midst of a book which causes me to not really gain much comprehension so things take me longer to read because I have to back track where I got lost. Hopefully things get better. Hope things are well for you too.

Totally get how ya feel. Have you tried meditation?

A couple of times, I suck at that too.

Meditation is hard. I mean seriously. Shutting your mind down is hard to learn to do.