When we first get to AA or a support app like this,

When we first get to this program or an app like this, it is common for newbies to feel like they are the only ones with problems. But after you learn the new way of life and you build some time in sobriety, you come to learn that problems don't just go away and life doesn't simply get easier just because we stopped drinking.

We just get better at handling life one day at a time without picking up a drink. When we don't practice the principles that we learn in AA or whatever your support group may be, we have bad days like I had today. Actually 2 bad days.. LOL

Why did I have a bad day? Because sometimes I forget that the world out there does not revolve around me. I'm supposed to take an inventory in the morning of where I'm at in my head and then I'm supposed to take another inventory at the end of the day of how the day went and what my attitude was like. I usually go to meetings all the time but since the Covid pandemic I haven't been to many meetings. I am anxiously ready to start up again though I can tell you that.

I thought about this today and I'd like to pass it on to all of you. It is too often forgotten as we go through the days in sobriety. It comes from one of the stories in the Big Book of Alcoholics Anonymous and it is well known as the....

Acceptance Prayer.

And acceptance is the answer to all my problems today. When I am disturbed, it is because I find some person, place, thing, or situation – some fact of my life – unacceptable to me, and can find no serenity until I accept that person, place, thing or situation as being exactly the way it is supposed to be at this moment. Nothing, absolutely nothing, happens in God’s world by mistake.

Unless I accept life completely on life’s terms, I cannot be happy. I need to concentrate not so much on what needs to be changed in the world, as on what needs to be changed in me and in my attitudes.
© Alcoholics Anonymous, 4th Ed., page 417