When finally being sober and dealing with everything. Therapy, emotions,

When finally being sober and dealing with everything. Therapy, emotions, life in general. Does anyone also have this feeling of just sadness all the time. Even with medication involved. I’m not depressed. Just sad. Anyone have any thoughts on this. ? Let me know

2 Likes

I do too. I have all of that in order but getting over the shame and guilt of the past is what the steps are for. We have to find a new solution l, drugs and alcohol were the solution in the past.

1 Like

Hello: I've been in recovery for long periods (years) with and without antidepressants. For me, life's better with, definitely. I'm not sure how long you've been free of alcohol or other drugs, but being sad is commonplace. My original sponsor told me that I was "mourning the death of a friend (my drug)." The longer that I stay clean and sober the more even keel I become. For me, it takes more than mere abstinence. I need medication, therapy, 12 Step meetings and to be productive. Thanks.

1 Like

Yes I totally agree. They were the solution. Now I’m finding healthier ways to cope. Just trying my best to talk about it and get as much help as I can. Try to keep myself busy to not dwell and relapse

Yes I totally grew with what you stated on how it’s like mourning the death of someone. With our usage we hide those emotions and putting them in full face to us can be hard. I am doing great with my meetings. People who I’m speaking to for support. How are the group events online for zoom ?

Hey Thomas: Meetings on Zoom are a godsend, really. Because of the quarantine it's all most of us have got. I've been to meetings in India, Paris, California, the UK, etc. I have also attended several local meetings via Zoom that I probably wouldn't have otherwise. Thanks for replying in the thread.

1 Like

That’s great. I will have to go onto these meetings more. I appreciate the help.

1 Like

:+1::pray::statue_of_liberty::blush:

I have an existential sadness that creates a lot of beauty for me. Some days I do not mind the impending end and other days it shakes me to my core.