When does it start getting easier? 5 months Clean a

When does it start getting easier? 5 months Clean and relapsing is looking too close. This is the longest I have gone without in 15 years. I feel like I need the thing that literally ruined my life.

1 Like

I can also tell you that eventually you will come to realize that sobriety is the easier softer way. It's different for everyone so I can't really tell you when that time is. When I'm seeing since I got on this app is a lot of people that are trying to go about this by themselves. Even though they are getting support from this app they don't really have a program of recovery in place. For me, the program of Alcoholics Anonymous is my path to recovery. If we don't have a known program with a track record in place it's going to take us much longer to feel good about life. Nothing changes if nothing changes

Last time I tried sobriety I was going to NA and that did help but, where I live nothing is open since covid. Makes this that much harder.

There's NA meetings every hour of the day through Zoom. You can google different cities and NA Meeting List for that city and there will be virtual meetings listed.

I dont know if NA has one meetings but I know AA does. Check Theobald NA we page.

There’s a website called InTheRooms.com I highly recommend it. Meetings for every type of addiction. I could walk you through it if you’d like.

I hear what Morgan is saying; good in theory but trying in practice. I'd settle for coffee with another in recovery over what's available now….

The storm is passing over. It took awhile longer for me too.

Search for an online meeting. There are now hundreds of zoom meetings accross America.