What is everyone’s “go-to” drink when they are in a

What is everyone’s “go-to” drink when they are in a setting where others are drinking alcohol? Are there any good substitutes? I’d love to hear everyone’s thoughts on this. Thanks!

Iced coffee and an idgaf look on my face.

3 Likes

I have to go to a few fundraising events a years for a charity I actively work with and most are happy hour focused :sweat_smile::confused:.

I order a seltzer with lime in a small glass. But drink water too so it doesn't look like you just downed 7 vodka sodas :wink:.

I prefer not to but it makes those easier then repeating, "I'm good" to every other person.

I like seltzer with fresh lemon and limes.

I drink virgin Bloody Marys, Sprite, or Sparkling Water. :yum:

Sometimes I just say “I’ve already had enough” and leave it at that if people look at my coffee weird.

Tea, or sheltzer water and lemonade

Soda water with lime

Diet A&W rootbeer

Iced coffee, sparkling water, Shirley temples (:

I love Shirley Temples.

1 Like

I always just ask for the non alcoholic selection

I didn't always prefer alcohol at social gatherings even before I went sober. If I was at a bar, sometimes I would opt for the non-alcoholic Heineken. At barbecues, nobody questioned if I chose Dr. Pepper over beer, because everyone who knows me knows I'm addicted to Dr. Pepper. I'd just say, "I don't feel like drinking today," and that was that. I think we can sometimes project onto other people how much they actually care about what we're drinking. As long as no one's stopping them from drinking, all is well.

2 Likes

I’ve been loving those bubly sparkling water drinks, they have a new grapefruit one that tastes just like a white claw and has caffeine!

iced chai tea latte

I love chai latte. Have you ever had mocha added? It is so good. I also like to get a double dirty chai latte. That's two shots of espresso added.

I love strawberry lemonade.

I’ll have to give the mocha a try - sounds tasty. I enjoy the cinnamon they add at the coffee shop I go to.

Put the lime in the coconut and mix it all up