What helps you stay sober?

What helps you stay sober ?

1 Like

What helps me? With out a doubt, the 12 Steps of NA have helped me do the impossible. Thanks.

1 Like

I know my triggers , could be a song the smell of a grill . Driving past an area I scored in. Flash of a memory that hurts.. So they are only triggers there not me. Negative self talk and statements when you make them ask yourself why. This is how we beat yourself down. We all deserve to be clean you grab on and put yourself first this is a must. If no you , nothing else works

1 Like

Being active in the community, talking to my sponsor every day, like Garrett said knowing my triggers, doing step work, hitting meetings, coping skills for stress and anxiety, telling on myself if I start slipping mentally, meditation and journaling, it's a big part of my life. And I know if I start slacking off it will lead right back to using, I finally accept that as a fact. I can't do it alone.

1 Like

Raquelmercado90316 it helped me to find a new. Daily routine to do something that will keep your mind off using. Such as meditation music :notes:. Reading journaling. Find a new daily routine. Something you like to do or enjoy

1 Like

What helps me stay sober is not wanting to be the person that I used to be when I was drinking ,but being someone better

1 Like

Knowing my past mistakes and the extra guilt, shame an anxiety that comes with it. Knowing the consequences that can result keeps me from ever wanting to again..

Remembering where I came from

Waking up without a guilty/panicky feeling wondering if I did something stupid the night before

Working the plan. My plan. Strying connected. Grounding techniques.