What are some way that I could get rid of

What are some way that I could get rid of my bad thoughts

2 Likes

Hobbies.. read? Crochet? Go for a walk?

1 Like

Honestly it sounds dumb but meditating. Just make your kind go BLANK. Don’t think about anything for 5-10 min. You’d be surprised how well it works. It prevents you from looking to the future. That causes anxiety. Also prevents you from looking in the past. That’s where depression comes from. You just breathe right now and don’t think about anything. It really helps believe it or not.

2 Likes

Mind* not kind

Practice gratitude. Once you have a bad thought speak the opposite. Ex: if you think you're stupid, say "I'm smart" out loud.

3 Likes

Affirmations positive, tell your self you are a winner ,that you love your self, it can be very affective.

2 Likes

I agree 100%

Prayer helps me.

3 Likes

Make a list of things you’re grateful for! On bad days mine are as simple as having clean water and a bed to sulk in. If you’re feeling up to getting dressed and being out in the world, trying FORCING yourself to go outside and look at the sky for a while.

1 Like

Yes they’re hard to get rid of. I try to stay busy

All great ideas! I second the meditation, practicing gratitude, and affirmations! And take a breath and simply tell yourself not to think about whatever it is. Maybe try distraction? Put a good movie or tv show on!

Identify them. Question their origins. Apply positive self talk (even if you don’t believe it.) It is an exercise just like lifting weights or running.

Yoga and getting lost in fiction books :books:

I am a puzzle freak!! Love 1000 pieces! Good for the mind!!!

Remind yourself that not everything you think is true. Challenge those negative thought!

1 Like

Same!

Clean water is on my list of gratitude also. It's unfortunate that the entire world doesn't have access to clean water.

1 Like

This is true Nettie. Solid advice.

Meditation!