Went to dinner

Went to dinner with coworkers and executives. I was one of three who didn’t drink. I knew I couldn’t because it would lead to a whole night of drinking and it would make my husband go stock up on liquor, beer, etc. with high hopes drinking would continue thru the weekend. It was easy to say no, and I was happy I wasn’t the only one. It did feel weird empty handed. All week I was thinking about tonight and what I would end up doing...

9 Likes

Good job! Gets easier. I almost always plan ahead so I have something in my hands.... LA Croix, water, mocktail, whatever. Helps when needed

2 Likes

Don’t be empty handed, order something fun to drink. Sprite with a splash of cranberry, lemonade and ice tea, ginger ale on the rocks with a lime twist etc. something besides the good old glass of water.

2 Likes

I second this!!! If you already have a drink in your hand people are less likely to offer you something :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Great job.

1 Like

Huge night Leah!! You can do it. What a great confidence booster going into the weekend.

That is great. I, too, get invited out for business dinners and sometimes feel awkward when everyone else is drinking. But, I remind myself that I spent so much time and effort staying sober, do I want to lose that — then, I sip on my Shirley Temple and feel good that I will actually remember tomorrow my behavior for this evening.

1 Like

Great job Leah.

1 Like

Yes that’s right!

Thanks!

1 Like

Yeah I just had water but meant empty handed when it comes to a stiff drink in hand! But it’s okay!

Awe thanks!

Hey how’s everyone

I did feel awesome having that clear mind on Friday morning.

1 Like

I’m good today, two mini urges, but not to hard to shut down.

Great work. As time passes it'll get easier for you not to feel uncomfortable. I love being different.

1 Like

Great job. That's a tough test! Only gets easier.

1 Like

That’s how you do it!

1 Like

Excellent. I was at a birthday dinner last week and I was the only one not drinking. It was hard and I had to go straight to aa afterwards but I did it

1 Like