Went to a bar with friends last night. I drank

Went to a bar with friends last night. I drank Heineken 0.0 and enjoyed the music. As I sat there and looked around and watched everyone drinking etc., the old feelings began to creep in. On the drive home I began fantasizing about drinking real alcohol and the old lifestyle again. I call alcohol “the lady”. She calls to you and talks to you and tries to lull you into going back to her. I didn’t drink, but I can see I have to limit myself to being around the old environments. I didn’t slip, but I could have.

2 Likes

Hey brother. I appreciate your work. Stay strong. Divide yourself from that scene until you are centered enough to not have the strong urges. I think its important for us sober folks to go into bars and order no Alchohol. Make sober bar chilling more of a regularity♡

3 Likes

I get the weirdest looks when I walk up to a loaded bar of drunk fucks and order a tea/lemonade. Everyone is so confused usually. I love it.

1 Like

I’ve been sober 11 years. I very seldom do the bar scene. It was fun. The music was good and I have no hangover! I can’t deny that the urge to drink came back in that environment though. I was impressed with the non alcoholic beer selection at this bar and at a restaurant we went to earlier. The 0.0 is a good addition. A lot of the NA beers have a small amount of alcohol in them and it’s enough to trigger an urge to drink. I may be better with lemonade! That’s usually what I order.

1 Like

Nice man. 11 years!! Big stuff.
Just curious, what city state you are based out of? You might have a Kava bar around somewhere. :thinking: still good music , great food, no Alchohol in sight,or "fake beers." I only have a few weeks away from alchohol but I had alot of revelations that led to this.

1. A healthy amount of drinks,
    Never satisfies me, but more so left me feeling like I wasted my money, buying this drug and taking only enough to not get the desired effects.
  2. If I DID drink enough to get my desired effect, my energy levels would just be trash the next day.
  3. The more we do or think , the better we get at something, including killing ourselves via Alchohol. I was so tired of the everyday thought of, "man I want to get a beer."
1 Like

I’m on the Florida east coast.
The constant craving for alcohol was the first warning sign for me. I binge drank for years and figured I was ok because it was an occasional thing. Then i got a job that I worked 40 hours per week instead of 60 and i had all this free time on my hands. I filled that time with drinking which soothed my anxiety and depression. I began thinking about drinking the day before a day off and planning to get wasted! Sad. That’s when i knew i had a problem for real.
As far as the kava, never tried it except in capsule form years ago. It didn’t seem to do anything for me. I have to be very careful what I consume now. I developed a heart issue 2 years ago (a-fib) and different things can trigger it.