Weight loss?

So I read and hear about all these people that lose weight when they quit drinking. That doesn’t seem to be the case for me. Granted I eat licorice at night sometimes but I eat very healthy, no high fat or fried foods and run 25-30 miles a week. Where is my weight loss :thinking:

Keep in mind rigorous exercise creates muscle and muscle weights more than fat, so you may be loosing fat and gaining muscle.

Eliminate carbs, that’s my advise and don’t eat the licorice at night. I used to snack all the time at night and it halted any progress. I eat a light lunch, normal dinner and that’s it. Melatonin at night to make me sleep through the midnight craving for a peanut butter and jelly haha

Love me a good PBand J. My diet is roughly 85% carbs as I’m plant based. Funny huh? An alcoholic Vegan :crazy_face: you are probably right. I look in the mirror and feel like my body is changing a bit. The bloat is gone

More strength training. Less cardio. Build lean muscle mass that will burn more calories over the long term. Your body will get used to doing a lot of cardio and adapt accordingly so it will hold on to fat. So in short, ease up on the cardio and incorporate strength training and you will see better results. I also agree with lower carbs and up the protein!