Virtual Sponsor? Help please

I am really struggling this evening and I have a sober friend I met on here that I can talk to and that’s really helped but we’re both newly sober, about a month. I unfortunately do not have any meetings in my area right now and I need some guidance on how to start the steps and simply make it through this evening without drinking the wine I know my roommate hides in her room. I’m a little lost and it’s been a long day, and I’m really struggling with this sober life tonight.

Be strong. Know the consequences if you do. There is no answer at the bottom of the bottle. Maybe pray. It helps me.

2 Likes

Hi, my name is Rob and I have been clean for 30 years. A suggestion is find recovery literature on the internet or if possible order from Amazon. When alone it is a great time to read and begin to earn about recovery. Amazon even has used AA/NA books and material.

2 Likes

Hey! Sorry you’re struggling- not having meetings is really tough, have you checked to see if there are any virtual meetings in your area? If not there are virtual meetings going at any time all over you can pop in at any time they don’t have to be local to you- at least until covid is over. There are also a bunch of FB aa Zoom meeting groups all over the world “AA Zoom meetings Global list” is a cool group if you want to join in all over the world so that way any time day or night you have access or google AA inter group and look up meetings anywhere. Also what was suggested before if you check out YouTube speaker tapes and listen o other stories “joe and Charlie” have a great workshop they go through the entire big book - there’s so many free ones on YT

2 Likes
2 Likes

I can send you the codes for the 24 hour a day zoom meetings. Also try are online without zoom. Anytime you need one they are there.

1 Like

Hey, Kelsea. Did you find what you are looking for?