Uncles Funeral

3 days detox 30 days inpatient for me. I wouldn’t be alive if it wasnt for the care I got. 3 clinicians had made comments to me bout my amazing progress I made in such little time. I said this back in front of our coed groups. “ I wouldn’t have if it wasn’t for your care, compassion and the ability to figure me out cause I couldn’t do it myself. You are the true unsung heroes because you save the patients lives, which means they dont use and injure or kill some elses life, which save that person’s family’s lives(pain and suffering from loss) and so on so forth. My uncle was a great guy, not because he was my uncle but because he was a great guy. Looking at him in the casket I saw myself looking back. He died from alcoholism…….and Im not and I will miss that man dearly

2 Likes

Welcome to the family Joshua!!! Sorry to hear about your loss as well. Congratulations on your sobriety. I know getting 30 days isn’t easy even if you’re in patient it’s still hard. Nice hard work though. You’re in the right place to get help whenever you need it. Because we’re one big family here that includes everybody that’s here even newcomers. It’s a good app as well I’ve read a lot of good things on So far. So welcome to the family. And don’t be afraid to ask for help.

1 Like