Two more days until my 30-day mark. All I

Two more days until my 30-day mark. All I can think about is how much you’ve all inspired me to continue to push, grow, learn, and just have fun with the process. Pain is inevitable at times. But the process, the journey is worth it.

5 Likes

Congratulations! I know what it feels like to get through the first day, first week, first month and the first year. It seems like it just takes forever.. And yes it is all worth it. I would like to encourage you if you haven't already to start going to meetings or at least get some phone numbers of people that are in recovery. Preferably people who have a significant amount of sobriety under their belts. One of our greatest tools in recovery is calling people on our phones for support.

I also want to warn you about what we call the pink Cloud syndrome. I have seen dozens of people get totally excited about sobriety and then after a short time realize that early recovery is very difficult to say the least and not always pleasant.

The good news is that it's easier to stay sober than it is to get sober. sooner or later you are going to be tempted to pick up your drug of choice. When that moment comes I want you to try and play the story all the way through. First you use, then you wake up the next day realizing that you once again have failed. Now you have the guilt and shame. That's called the Insidious cycle of insanity. When we pick up our drug of choice it is because we have once again believed the lie that this time things will be different.

I've been sober a long time but I had to acquire some tools by getting active in a recovery program. I chose AA because I'm an alcoholic.

1 Like

thank you so much!

Just 1 more day. Proud of you.

1 Like

Thank you so much :pray::pray::pray: