Turning 40 tomorrow. 223 days sober today. This will be

Turning 40 tomorrow. 226 days sober today. This will be my first sober birthday since - I don’t even know when...second one in a pandemic, not that I really do anything to celebrate. Can’t wait for the warm weather to come back (it’s cold in Idaho).

7 Likes

Happy Birthday and congratulations on your recovery progress!

1 Like

Thank you - it’s been a road!

Happy Birthday! And congrats on racking up that many sober days.

1 Like

Well now I actually have to work and manage my depression and anxiety instead of “drinking it away”. It’s hard - my life was pretty good before I let the drinking get out of hand for a couple years. Hopefully I can get back there!

I hear that. I find what I interpret as cravings is actually me just looking for an easy escape from those things. I have been working hard on exercising and meditating daily. I now find if I am feeling anxious a little walk and a 10 min meditation does the trick.

1 Like

Congratulations

1 Like

Happy Birthday and congratulations on your recovery

1 Like

Happy birthday. May it be the best you can remember.

1 Like

Happy birthday. And congratulations on your recovery

1 Like

Happy birthday Marie
Celebrate your sobriety and the fact that your alive and spring is on the way if you are religious remember god is great

1 Like

Happy Birthday :birthday:!!! I can relate to now struggling with how to tackle anxiety. I used to handle it the same way you did. Finding the actual source of my anxiety can be hard sometimes. Have you ever experienced that?

I rarely know what causes it. Sometimes it’s just obvious - bills, family, moms cancer, etc. but most of the time there is absolutely nothing I can trace it to. Now I’m medicated, but we keep having to switch and side effects are changing - and it’s just terrible - but you gotta just keep going for awhile so that everything can balance out....just a struggle right now.

Awesomeness !!!

1 Like

Congratulations..happy. BD

1 Like

Happy birthday!

1 Like

...Happy Birthday...prayers...peace...