Trying to end this drinking! Been to a few A

Trying to end this drinking! Been to a few AA meetings past couple months, but continue to drink. I’m by myself a lot and it’s really hard

Don’t give up! I feel you on that though. I feel that’s been my issue too, always being alone/bored.

2 Likes

As Bree said don't give up. Have you considered other recovery type meetings?

Continue to take it 1 day at a time. One moment at a time works, too. Crrate definable goals based on your road. Don't compare yourself to others. This is your road.

1 Like

Having this app is really nice, I mean even when some one isn’t actively helping you out, you can encourage others. I made it today with no drinking, it was tough the first half. I kept wishing for bedtime to hurry and maybe tomorrow will be easier/better!

I feel same way everyday I don’t drink.

There’s always some depressing ion lingering when an alcoholic quits drinking. Do you have access to a good therapist?
o a

I have med insurance so I’m sure I can find one

It took me a few to find a right fit. Don’t give up if first one is awful!

Thank you

1 Like

Bro, if alone is a trigger you gotta get out and find folks to be around. Go to the grocery store if ya have to. You should try making it to more meetings. There is a couple of 24hr ones on zoom you might find. Pop in when you are struggling. I know how easy it is to let things slide when no one is there, don't let isolation become your hiding place.

Keep doing AA. The only requirement for membership is the desire to stop drinking. And it seems you’ve got that! Don’t give up on yourself