Tried going on a date told him I don’t

Tried going on a date told him I don’t drink things got slow and

3 Likes

Would have been an uunnecessary complication too your life of sobriety; if they reacted like that in a introduction / pre-date conversation... Their is someone who understands you on your journey. Positivity, hope, courage, and dedication will bless you when its time!!!

1 Like

I’m always upfront with people. It’s better to find out right from the start if the fact that we don’t drink is going to be a problem.

2 Likes

Dodged a bullet if that was the response.

1 Like

Sober dating is really frustrating and non of those sober dating apps have anyone near me ever! 

1 Like

Uriel
I’m sorry for you experience. For if someone doesn’t except me for me then there’s no point in pursuing that relationship. Doesn’t mean I don’t care for them it just means they are not on the same path as me. That’s where the fork in the path starts.
Keep your head up. Stay focused on your sobriety. When the time is right you’ll meet the person that will bring calm waters to your life.

2 Likes

Changes every thing, and can be difficult at first,but practice and don't give up easy, your sobriety should come first, don't make people your higher power, key to success, in dating, set your priorities, boundaries learn about them, most alcoholic addicts jump to addictive relationships, trade one thing for another, this can screw your life up for a long time.

1 Like