Today is one of those days I can eat up

Today is one of those days I can eat up the whole kitchen trying not to have a drink :disappointed::disappointed:🤦🤦 I'm frustrated stressed and I am so use to having a drink to calm me down and settle my nerves, I'm not an everyday alcoholic I use to only drink maybe a few times out of a month maybe but it's the once I get started I don't have a cut off switch. Learning to deal without it is turning out to be harder than I thought. The only thing that I see helps me is this site I can pick up and text a message just because I need to do something else for a few minutes and not be judged I'm thankful I found this site

1 Like

You can do this Tammy. It’s tough, but things can and will get easier for you. Good luck to you. Have a nice night, if you can.

1 Like

Thank you so much

1 Like

Tammy there are many great recovery programs out there. The best one is the one that works for you!!

12 steps saved my live. I was so depraved. So lost. I heard how it works and I was just like ok, whatever. If this has helped millions, it’ll help me too. Because I’m nothing unique you see. I’m just like everyone else who excessively and unhealthily uses something to numb the pain and fear in my life.

And I’m in the process of learning how to cope with life as it comes at me. That’s the power of sobriety. Not getting drunk/high is nothing compared to learning how to feel good naturally.

The one thing all programs have in common is that you don’t do them alone. You work with people who know, from their own experience, how to guide you into a great life.