Today is a good day. I eas able to

Today is a good day. I was able to get out and meet very close friends for pizza and ice cream.

I had major surgery a year ago February 3rd and got COVID shortly thereafter. I'm still fighting long-haul COVID.

I'm not one to cry but my emotions are all over the place and that's okay. By G-d's grace, I survived. Three good friends were not so lucky. G-d took them home.

I'm sober many 24 hours. My worst day sober is 1000times better than my best day drunk.

1 Like

Pizza and ice cream 2 of my favorite food combinations. It's kinda nostalgic, too. Friday night :pizza:, :icecream:, and Blockbuster movie night were fun growing up.

I'm sorry you're not recovering quickly. I'm thankful you're here.

It's good to hear from you again.

I too had major surgery... in Oct actually. Then got Covid. My daughter got covid (age 25 & living w/me). In the process of trying to get better from Covid-- I severely re-tore my right rotator cuff. "Shredded" were the surgeons words. It required 2 collagen patches from an individual whi selflessly donated their body parts for others, upon passing. Along with several anchors. I'm still recovering, in physical therapy... with several months to go! Everyday, I am GRATEFUL for my sobriety. Especially, bc pain meds were my drug of choice! And in surgery of this kind-- it was on & off as soon as possible. I never cheated. I was able to monitor my own medication. And I even got off the pain meds faster than planned. Whenever I have a tough day-- I look back on that moment & remember. If I did it then-- I can do it again: today. Tomorrow. And each day going forward. KUDOS to you Chaya and continuing to fight the fight!! God's speed in a fast recovery (if possible)! Your story fills my heart with joy! AND... pride- for you, & myself (when I need to hear it). Best wishes for a stable recovery from your surgery AND Covid !

Oops, I forgot to mention, i initially tore my rotator cuff (partial & full,, back in March of 2017). The large full tear/repair was Oct, just 5 weeka after my daughter required a spinal stimulator be surgically implanted in her back (after 7 months of severe pain & all bc of a missed, broken toe & damaged nerves). So Covid came mid Nove for me, day before Thanksgiving for her. In taking care of our dog, bc Allie had a fever, I nievely tucked the retractable leash under my "chicken wing". He yanked. I cried. From that, I managed to research my shoulder worse than before. So surgery #2 (technically #3 in totality) came a week before Christmas. That's when I required the collagen Patch... and what the orthopedic surgeon had hoped for was stem cell assistance. However, that was not covered by insurance. So my pride was making it through major surgery not ONCE, but TWICE within a very short time period, and narcotics were required. Unfortunately, the damage to my shoulder will never make it 100% workable. And as someone who is right handed and no longer able to play piano (my love & livelyhood)... could've easily sent me into a downward spiraL of self pity... on the road to abuse & using. But bt the grace of God, it didn't. Let go, let God.

1 Like