Today I hit 2 weeks with no alcohol

Today I hit 2 weeks with no alcohol. Kind of bittersweet, want to keep it up but also want to go back because I think I can handle it but I know that’s not the case

3 Likes

Hey Matt! Congrats on completing 14 days.

If you don't mind me asking-why do you want to go back to drinking?

1 Like

Fantastic

1 Like

I’m on 4 days and don’t want to go back at all. I know I can’t handle it. 29 years of drinking showed me that I’m done for a reason

2 Likes

Awesome, congrats! Having relapsed multiple times, never go back

2 Likes

You are doing great. The hardest pill to swallow is the truth. Keep reminding yourself of what you already know.

1 Like

Congrats on 2 weeks! It seems you know yourself well enough to know that drinking in moderation isn’t really an option for you. And no shame there, it’s not an option for me either! But when you feel like picking up a drink, try playing the tape through step by step.

I’m not exactly sure. I just feel as if I’m being “left out” and also when I don’t drink but others around me do they feel as if I’m judging them when that’s never the case

I’m on Day 1 again. I’m trying to stay in the moment and not project. No crave today. :raised_hands:

2 Likes

Gotcha.

Don't let others' perception of you determine what you do. Those are their demons to fight. It sounds like they're guilty-and it's easier to blame you because you're different.

1 Like