Today I am so grateful to have woken up and

Today I am so grateful to have woken up and been able to breathe.. because I found out another one of my friends passed away last night. We were very close and he took a piece of me with him. I guess that's why I couldnt sleep last night. He was my bestfriend we grew up together and never left eachothers side. He has been my rock thru my journey so far with recovery and now.... I just dont know.....

1 Like

I'm glad you woke up grateful. Live on in sobriety knowing that's what he would want for you. It's so easy to lose ourselves during these times. Reach out and go to meeting. God bless

1 Like

I am sorry to hear that, but I am glad you are here.

1 Like

I appreciate that. I know he does... but idk if can stop crying long enough to hear anyone speak at a meeting... I'm trying to pull myself together.. stop being weak. But ... it's so hard.

Me too. And thank you.

Grief is not weakness.

1 Like

I’m sorry for your lose and if you need someone to talk to I’m here for you

1 Like

My ex burnt it into my brain that I just need to suck it up and stop being weak. Because I'm too strong to cry or hurt.

Thank you Jason that's very sweet. I appreciate that.

You have my condolences and sorry for your loss. It is a magnificent blessing to wake up in the morning, something we recovering alcoholics and addicts don't take for granted since we know it can be over at any moment. Keep your head up!

1 Like

Thank you