Today I am 49 days sober, and for the first

Today I am 49 days sober, and for the first time in a very long time, I woke up feeling blessed, and actually happy. Even though I woke up with minor stomach and back pain… I can honestly say that this minor pain is so much better than waking up sick and unable to move until I get that fix. I have no secrets. I have no reason or desire to lie. I am blessed to be able to wake up at all! Thank you God! Thank you!

5 Likes

Awesome on the 49. Sorry you have pain, hopefully it will get better soon. Glad you are headed the right direction.

1 Like

Thank you Steven! It can only get better! As long as I keep moving forward and leave the past behind me!

If only people understood the power of leaving the past behind. It is called the past for a reason...you already passed it.

1 Like

Perfectly said! I know I have a lot of healing to do, and even more within my relationships, with my kids, family and all… but I am not who I was yesterday. Every day I grow into some new, with a better understanding of what is needed for me to grow within myself, within my recovery and with my higher power. Holding onto the past… of what I did and what was done just keeps me sick! And sicker!

You are blessed, sobriety is a gift like any thing Good in life , its not appreciated until its gone, so its good your seeing that, I have to be thankful and remember my last days drunk.

1 Like

Congrats on 49 days. It's an amazing feeling. I didn't think I would make it past day 2. I'm so glad I did.

1 Like

Congrats to

Congratulations!!! If you ever need someone to talk to, feel free to message me :heart:

1 Like

Thank you!