Today for the first time in many weeks, i am

today for the first time in many weeks, i am grateful to be alive. it’s brilliant how much genuine connection, even in a phone call, can positively impact us as human beings. i feel for all the starving people in this world right now. “to thine own self be true.” :v::heart:

2 Likes

That’s awesome Luke😊

thank you Toni. appreciate the reply. “it’s nice to know there’s something else in the cage, aside from cocaine water” if anyone gets that reference :slight_smile:

I did my share with of it. Was lucky I was able to walk away. Alcohol is what I have issues with. Hope you are doing ok :blush:

1 Like

just to clarify that was not my issue either. also alcohol with me. i was referencing this experiment where scientists put rats in a cage and only gave them cocaine water. 100% of the rats were addicted. they did another experiment where the built a rat amusement park this time. i believe the results were that no mice who weren’t already addicted got addicted and most of those who were already addicted, stopped using. i think that’s a very interesting model on how our society treats addiction. i don’t want to go down that rabbit hole right now, but every day that i become more clear, the real picture seems to reveal itself more and more. food for thought :slight_smile: :v: