This is my first day of being sober. I almost

This is my first day of being sober. I would drink everyday and throw up the morning after. I would get drunk on my lunch breaks and go back to work. I almost lost my job last week. I have a dui and still drunk drive. The pandemic is the reason I drink so much and now crave it every moment. I really am in need of help.

9 Likes

If you drink every day you may need in patient treatment. Please call your doctor or someone with withdrawal experience. It could be bad. Prayers sent for strength and courage.

3 Likes

My thoughts and prayers are with you. Please seek medical help if you need, go to an AA meeting or at least get a copy of the big book and read it

2 Likes

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers. I’m just proud of myself for starting my day 1. I’m being extremely positive and kind to myself. Nothing bad has happened and I’m using that as a chance to continue with my sobriety.

6 Likes

Just make sure to reach out!!! :relaxed:

Same. Everyday then puke, that is. Go to an AA meeting and grab you a sponsor while you’re there🙃

Id be happy to talk with you

1 Like

You should be proud of yourself

Thank you. I was having panic attacks and freaking out this morning. Lots of crying but still sober. So today is still a win in my book.

1 Like

Good for you! I know how you’re feeling . I was so bad, I’d wake up at 3 am and have to have a drink. Kept a bottle by my bedside!
At this point, I highly suggest you seek medical help. Withdrawal can be brutal and should not be taken lightly. Find a rehab, and AA will help!
Prayers and thoughts are with you :heart:

1 Like

Wishing you the best, Briana. I hope you feel better soon.

Im feeling much better. Didn’t drink today! Baby steps!

3 Likes

You are not alone!:heart:

2 Likes

That’s great! Nice job.

Definitely consider speaking with a doctor. I was the same way at the peak of my drinking. I ended up checking into a rehab which is extreme for some, but it was the only way I could safely break the cycle. The anxiety I had coming off was debilitating.

1 Like

One of the best attitudes I’ve seen someone have in a long time! Keep up the positive mindset. And congrats.

Good luck ,it's my 4 day today and I can relate throwing up I the morning or whole day and not feel like eating and feel like crap

Today is my day 5!

2 Likes

Congrats on your day 5! You’re no longer at day 1! :heart: Almost at a week, which I thought was the hardest step. Keep it up.

1 Like

Welcome Briana , Congrats , you may want to seek help as going to AA meetings and finding a sponsor . ITS challenging do it on your own but not impossible. BUT you will need positive people around you.. Wish you the best if luck ,were here for you.. And one day at a time