Thinking of starting sobriety today

So I considering making today my first day sober in about 14 months. My life went through a very rough patch about 14 months ago and I began heavily drinking probably 5-6 days a week. Certainly being stock home during COVID did not help. It has taken a toll on my job and my life and if it goes on much longer probably my health.

I am about to be gifted the opportunity to move across country and start a new job. A job that I have been chasing for the last decade. I feel like this could be a new beginning for me and I want to seize this opportunity.

I could use some support and advice. Mayne starting with what detox will be like.

2 Likes

Well, let's start with the idea of detoxing. It could get rough. You may consider medical detox. There is a listing of detox facilities here in app. Tap the find treatment button on the home screen. Withdrawals can be dangerous and I don't know what to expect from one person to the other.

As far as encouragement, you will be happy you decided to get sober. The road is rough but you can do it. You are stronger than you know.

2 Likes

Congrats on the new opportunity. Don't allow anything to get in the way. You have waited 10 years for this. No giving up now.

Make sure you're connected to your new local AA.

1 Like

Hey will how is sobriety coming? You still with it.