Think I solved the squirrel šŸæ problem. Couldnā€™t believe they were climbing this old teather ball pole that I attached some big bird feeder

Think I solved the squirrel problem. Seems to be staying away from the feeders that I attached to the top of this old teather ball pole. Couldnā€™t believe they figured out how to climb this big pole.

So what solution did you find??

I had a huge problem last year with squirrels getting into my plants and digging. They almost completely destroyed my herbs. I found a solution completely on accident. Apparently squirrels don't like coffee. I use old grounds as compost for my plants. Worms love coffee grounds. The squirrels stayed out of my plants for about a month, so I went and bought the cheapest coffee I could and once a month coated the ground around my ants with fresh coffee grounds. It worked great.

I like this solution. My Great Aunt mentioned this weekend on a family Zoom that she's up to 32 in Idaho. She's been catching them and... well she doesn't take them to a magic farm :flushed:

Keep in mind for those lovely summer evenings grilled squirrel is a tasty treat....:joy:

That is a nice simple solution. Funniest one I've seen was the guy that greased the pole.

Did not know coffee kept squirrels out of gardens. Also grilled squirrel? That is so wrong...funny but wrong.

I'll take your word on that my friend :wink:

:nauseated_face: Gross!

How much snow did you all get Jory?

Interesting

Only have used the snowblower a few times - its been the sub zero temps getting us this winter.

Oh no!

On the bright side spring is coming.

Because most of the shields are designed for the smaller bird feeder poles I had to come up with something with a larger circumference.
I used a a plastic cone we had used on one of our dogs to protect from scratching. I was able to use a few loops and a plastic rip tie to secure to this pole. Think I fixed that talented squirrel.

Yea been loving the mid 30ā€™s lately - my walks are much more enjoyable.

Tried to post another pic but wasnā€™t able to - but you get the idea.
Love watching the blue jays and cardinals.

Yea Iā€™ll take your word on that as well :grimacing:

Never thought of that. Sounds like too much maintenance. Lol