“The spiritual void” Is anyone else disheartened my the spiritual s

“The spiritual void”
Is anyone else disheartened by the spiritual solution remedy for addiction? Isn’t it an oversimplification? Could it be that that our economic model is wrong since it dictates everything in our lives? Maybe it’s a societal issue... we’re not supposed to live like this. We’re not supposed to substitute consumer products for connection. We’re not supposed to go to joyless jobs that rob every ounce of spontaneity out of life. This we can change. “Spiritual solutions” on the other hand are ambiguous and amorphous. Should we be using magical thinking for a medical issue? What year is it?

My experience has been that enhancing my spiritual connection changes me so that I am not disheartened by anything that happens and allows me to live my life with Gratitude for what I have. You might be interested in what Dr. Carl Jung has to say about it. Best of luck on your journey.

2 Likes

Wow Tommy, telling it how it is! I can definitely feel disheartened by it. There are so many factors that come into play, when it comes to addiction, substance misuse, and negative habitual behaviors. This is why I moved away from programs that promote this dogmatic thinking and have instead opted for more science based paths

1 Like

The spiritual connection comes from the idea that the spirit of a person is what they are in their own mind. Their essence. By acknowledging that there is something greater than us we also acknowledge that addiction is greater than us as well. While I’ll admit this probably doesn’t work for everyone it has helped a lot of people. Science can do little to change addiction, so there has to be a psychological way to do this.