The pain of alcoholism doesn't go away when you get

The pain of alcoholism doesn't go away when you get sober I've been sober 30 years and nothing has hurt more than my girl who moved out because I called her on her drinking I had to do what I had to do. I love her and she knows it but first she has to stop that drinking I can't live that way. So now I'm alone and praying for her and myself

2 Likes

I hear u Larry you have to look out for you.. who the fuck else will.. being alone in this time I've noticed it's the hardest thing in the world. I have 77 days no close to 30 years but I get it. gotta cut the people out who are toxic got wither takes people out puts people in.. just gotta give that will over and understand it's God's not ours. ours made us use or drink!

1 Like

God either *

Hi Larry. I'm sorry it didn't work out with the one you love. Breakups aren't easy. Hang in there.

2 Likes

We have been close friends for 27 years

Hi Larry, 27 years is a long time. What happened for you to change you position to part ways after so many years? I have struggled with tough decisions/w family, setting boundaries to protect my sobriety. Just because it is the right thing to do, doesn't make it any easier. That's for sure.

1 Like

Strength.. courage.. wisdom.. hang in there my friend..

1 Like

It sucks but stay sober

There will be another

That's so. HARD!!

May I suggest doing a 4th and 5th Step about your relationship with her? I am suggesting it because I must do another 4th Step. And 5 through 9.

Her drinking is causing to many problems.

Yeah, that is a tough thing. It may take some time to work through that. I have a friend of 30 years who stayed in the game when I got sober. He was my boy! I missed our time together, but like you it just hasn't unfolded how I would have liked. We still talk far and few between, it's not the same. From my experience it does get easier, still sux though. Just keep, keep' in on friend!

I hear you Larry I had to move my wife out after 19 years three weeks ago I miss her but she was going off the deep end and now Iā€™m paying the price

Got your hands full....