The one I love dumped me on new years eve,

The one I love dumped me on new years eve, drunk. On January 27 got arrested, drunk. Have not had a drop since that day, love being sober, having a harder time losing my girl then the dooze. Hate everything that has happened and super depressed all the time, but one day I will look back and smile again. One day.

I am sorry you went through that. There was a time like that in my life. When I was going through it I thought it was the worst time of my life. Looking back now, my perspective has changed. It was a pivotal point for me. With all that pain I was finally willing to try a new way of life. It is what I had to go through and now I’m thankful for all of that happening. Lots of praying and fellowship helped me get through it. Stay strong and go to a meeting when it hurts. It’s one day at a time.

1 Like

Man I'm really sorry to hear about that. It seems that life has a way of dumping things on us all at once..then kicking us in the gut to top it all off. Try to breathe take it a step at a time and do what you're doing now, talking about it and life will get better man. I'm from Colorado Springs btw so it's good to see a homer on this site.

The springs nice, I'm going down there later