Telling life long friends

Telling life long friends

Been Sober since 1/1/21 and just told my best friend (we live 5 hours away and busy with our families and dudes don’t talk often) And got the dreaded response- why don’t you just drink in moderation? Thanks to the sober community I was not surprised of his response. I read post and learn from others and I have learned so much about my self on this journey. He thinks I am loosing out by not drinking and I should try to use in moderation not to miss out but the truth is I have gained so much clarity and joy in abundance not moderation-ha. In the end he said he is proud of me and supports me 100%. Bottom line, we need each other because those not on the same journey do not fully understand.

Peace and love
Joseph

3 Likes

Hi Joseph. I'm glad you found support in this community. You should be proud of yourself for standing your ground. Keep up the great work.

1 Like

Wow Joseph :clap: you are absolutely right the sober community has to have your back and dose. So proud of you to be your true self. You are inspiring Joseph thank :blush:you.

2 Likes