Tattoo ideas?

Hey sober friends. I'm thinking about getting a tattoo that has something to do with my sobriety but doesn't scream "I was a drunk" any creative types out there with ideas?

2 Likes

I'm planning on getting one of the cause ribbons that affected my life in the shape of a flower; girly I know lol. Maybe a sunrise- like a new day starts with a sunrise, a new life also starts with one.

2 Likes

I always liked the idea of the phoenix but I'll never get a tattoo I'm too fickle lol :laughing:

1 Like

It took me 37 years to make up my mind :rofl: and then I did my whole left leg below my knee.

Was thinking about trying to work the aa triangle into something. I like the rising from the ashes idea.

2 Likes

I like them on other people loll it's good to take alot of time to think about it. Let us know what you come up with

2 Likes

I have an aa Triangle on my inner arm

2 Likes

Hmmm. What kind of tattoo style are you considering getting? That could help narrow down what symbolism might work best! Personally, all my tats are traditional style and so that’s what I gravitate towards

1 Like

My leg is illustrative, but I like the bold colors of neo traditional. I have a bright pink VHS case and yellow cassette tape on leg if that gives you an idea. But I'm pretty open to all styles. Was thinking maybe black and gray for this? I'm all over the place :thinking:

The cassette tape sounds so cool and similar to my style :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: I say go with something vibrant like that !

1 Like

Here's a bit of what it looks like :grin:

I got this to remind myself of something an old teacher (RIP Ed) of mine taught me - that we are all “Cups of cosmic consciousness“ it is directly related to my recovery bc my sobriety very much depends on my spiritual condition :innocent:

2 Likes

Love the imagery :heart_eyes:

1 Like

1 Like

:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes: love it !

1 Like

I'm heading to a tattoo shop right now actually… But just to pick up a Christmas gift certificate

1 Like

“my demons tried to drown me but they didn't know I could breath underwater ;”

1 Like

I like the idea of time, pocket watches make for awesome tattoos

Aw I do too!

1 Like

Your right Nichole. I'm a tattooist and always hope that people carefully choose their designs. Take your time, it is permanent!

1 Like