Tapering at this point. A week left

Tapering at this point. Just a few days until I'm at zero per day. Feeling like I'm on the right path, I'm excited about enjoying the benefits of being sober. Last time I did it was 22 years ago. At the time, in college, I had the best grades and was in amazing shape.

1 Like

Hope you find that approach to be an effective one.

Thanks. I've tried cold turkey a few times with bad side effects. I am only trying tappering as an attempt at something different. This is all in conjunction with having friends aware of my goals.

1 Like

What do you consider tapering as in amounts starting with and how long?

This isn't scientifically proven, but if you are in control of yourself enough where you have say >50% of the day with a 0% bac. Take your average per day over the past month. Have that on the first day tapering, and then have one less each sequential day afterwards. So,if joe had been having a steady 5 drinks a day with 8 on fri and sat, he'd start at 6 and everyday or every other day, would drink one less.

I guess I'll let everyone know how things go in a week or so with me

Man thanks for your posting. I am always amazed by newcomers stories. After reading your post I went and read the doctors opinion about the allergy we have. Why we liked alcohol and the phenomenon of craving that takes place once I begin drinking. If I don't drink I can't get drunk! Grateful for another 24...

2 Likes

I am a firm believer that there are many paths to recovery and the harm reduction technique is one that is truly beneficial to those who have been using for a long time or using real heavily but I do recommend doing it under the goddess of someone who is a trained professional and doing this best of luck to you I believe in you much love and respect

I'm on the same page. I have people aware of what Im doing. I'm also working towards replacing each drink I might have had with a positive activity. So I have made a bunch of short movies of images I associate happy experiences in life that didn't involve alcohol. So, i will watch more of these videos everyday the less I drink. And while I will try to make this a conscious decision making initiative, I will let the sub-conscious conditional reward of watching more motivational movies the less I drink drive me.

1 Like

Awesome and very creative way to detox I like that something that I may be implemented in the the techniques that I use to help people with thank you so very much and please keep me up-to-date and informed this to your progress and if there's anything that I could do for you

I read the book, "the power of habit." While the chemical set up of my brain makes me more likely to become depressed if I drink again (even though there is a chemical positive reaction), using the basics of action and reaction, if I determine what the trigger is for me wanting to drink, then I can make sure I have a counter action to follow up after that trigger, and if that follow-up to the trigger before drinking is positive then maybe that side of me that is depressed about drinking well choose to just focus on the positive option