Sunday Scaries/Monday Moodies 🤪 Who has experienced the Sunday scaries? W

Sunday Scaries/Monday Moodies :crazy_face:

Who has experienced the Sunday scaries? When it’s the last day of the weekend and the dread of a new work week is right around the corner?

Or the Monday moodies, when said work week is upon us and you’re just like blahhh :sleeping:

My favorite way to push through is a good morning workout with some meditation and journaling. Anyone else?

3 Likes

Hello, I used to experience this. For one, sobriety helped immensely. The other thing that works really well for this is actually keeping a “To Do” list that you fill out on Friday afternoon before the weekend. Complete as many tasks as you can, then write down the priorities for Monday and the next week. Let the notepad carry the stress. It sounds simple, but it works!

2 Likes

Yes, me, too! I call it the Sunday night black cloud. I try to remind myself that I had the weekend off, prepare for monday morning and have gratitude for a job to go to. It doesn't mean I like sunday nights OR mondays, but try to practice acceptance. I'm a work in progress, so not perfect.

Easing back into work after more than a year. Hail & rehab had something to do with that. Fri, Sat, Sun shift right now. So Fri i had to tell my new boss i didn't believe i was a good fit, even though transitional housing would not have wanted me to, & Sat. I watched the young female manager proceed to get in a beef over askunf a gentlemen if he still talked to so and so, clearly the gurl was stoned & jealous

I for obe dontvwantvher to come back w 3 of her friends & jump the girl. For which she proceeds to tell me about a time in which a tweeker

Guy comes in and the manager brings in a bb gun in case she needs to scare one off. Anybody who's been with a fortune 500 company has had training that this will only have them coming back with a real gun!

I like that you threw some gratitude in there! I’d like to add that I love the work I’m doing too but I still get that anxiety you were talking about! Yay to getting back into meditation, and I think I’ll reintroduce the inventory to my journaling practice :nerd_face::nerd_face::nerd_face:

Sobriety has been a major help for me too! For one, I don’t have to deal with the shame and dread from whatever I did over the weekend lol I love your ideas for making a to do list on Fridays.

Beautiful way to handle it :pray:t3:

:flushed::flushed::flushed: that is wild! Sounds like an intense place to work

I like this. It reminds me of something an old boss told me about stress. Think about your stress as if it was a glass of water. Can you hold that for a minute? Easy. Can you hold it for five? For an hour? Or what about all day with your arm out

Every once in a while you have to put it down. It will be right where you left it when you can easily pick it up again

Sometimes this goes into Tuesday. There have been some Tuesdays I felt were Mondays.