Started drinking again after my grandpa's funeral and I can't

Started drinking again after my grandpa's funeral and I can't stop

I'm sorry you're hurting. Do you have someone to help you through the grief?

Sorry my friend...you just have to find the best possible ways to help yourself

First, put the drink down. Leave the area where drinks are available. Get to a meeting. Get around sober people who will help you.

You're not alone. Alcohol is cunning baffling and powerful. You believed the LIE; That this time it will be ok. And now it's not. So what do you want to do about this mess you're in? What are you willing to do? This is why we need phone numbers. We need to call someone daily. Preferably a sponsor.

1 Like

Hey Tanner,

Really sorry to hear about your grandfather. I know how hard that was for me. But I also know, and you do too deep down, that drinking isn’t making it any better. The grief is still there in the morning. Except it’s joined now by a hangover and that shame and regret that we feel after we drink.

Drinking is just postponing grief. Extending it. And making you feel worse about yourself. Oh, and killing you. Further damaging relationships with family and loved ones. And for what? It doesn’t bring people back.

Addiction is a fucking thief and if you’re here that means it’s already stolen enough of your time and dignity.

Get to a meeting. Get back on your program. Stop giving away for free what you paid for with all the hard work.

2 Likes