Sponsorship and fellowship have proven to be paramount aspects

Sponsorship and fellowship have proven to be paramount aspects in my recovery. I had been in the rooms 2 years ago and simply showed up on time and left immediately afterwards. Through the past 3 months, I’ve immersed myself in the fellowship and the results are astounding. It’s all a matter of doing something uncomfortable and TAKING THE SUGGESTIONS. The advice doesnt come from thin air, it comes from sober proof that the program works.

Grateful to be alive and sober today, and to have a phenomenal network of people.

3 Likes

The suggestions are gifts!!! Takes so much courage to grab onto one and practice. Congratulations on choosing to walk a new way

1 Like

This is good stuff.

Congrats :tada:

1 Like

If I was going to climb mount everest, I would hire a guide and ask for advice from anyone who had already been there. Sobriety should be handled with the same care. I am glad you found a community of support.

2 Likes

I agree wholeheartedly. It blows my mind when people won’t try AA after admitting that they can’t stop drinking.

1 Like

Either they aren’t on their knees yet, or they’re okay with an alcoholic death.

1 Like

Good for you...that's awesome. Yeah being uncomfortable, is something many of us avoid whether high or sober. but I try to look at it is a challenge, bc you will grow from it. Never heard anyone say "I got messed up last night and I feel awesome today." To me that's not a challenge, it's being too comfortable with it that leaves no room for growth, and you miss out on the opportunities you could of had, love that you never knew. And who doesn't want love. If your thinking is clouded/distorted how can anyone make a good decision? People do so they don't have to make a decision or care. Their just chilling while the world passes them by. That would be me. I heard a saying many years ago...live each day like it were your last... and one of these days you'll be right. Lol