Sometimes I see people getting upset and going to their

Sometimes I see people getting upset and going to their quiet space, hear them cracking that beer and I get really jealous. It’s like they have a friend in the alcohol. I’m almost 3 years sober and I’ve never relapsed. First try. Is this how a relapse begins…

Well I'm sure you know that beer really isn't their friend. It's their poison.

1 Like

I need that reminder. :frowning:

1 Like

There's no need to be jealous misery love company 3 yrs is a big deal when you think about quitting remember wat you started keep pushing is to shall past

1 Like

No, this isn’t how relapse begins. You unpack what you are feeling and strengthen your resolve.

1 Like

Thanks. I’m just so annoyed that other people get to “take the easy way out” and drink. And I have to sit with my uncomfortable darn emotions.

Thanks. I sure hope not. It’s like they get to go drink in their own room alone without any consequences. Yet I have to sit here with my cruddy emotions and not drink because there will be consequences for me. What are those? Why can’t I just lock myself in a room and drink. Ugh i feel so dumb.

1 Like

Thats something knew that we had to deal wit I see ppl o. The st pushing a cart and it gives me a reminder every time cus that's where it takes me stay focused do you have a sponsor

If you think that someone that is drinking alone in their room has no problems or consequences you may be mistaken.

Why do you want to be alone in your room and drink? What would the benefit be?

No, never really got the chance to find a sponsor

Okay. Drinking alone in a room. I don’t see the benefit. I know there is no benefit. I just am envious. I guess sometimes I just want to wallow. Today is one of those days. I suppose the consequences of someone doing that is bad communication, self loathing, resentment. Just bad energy all together

Find a sponsor go to mtgs trust me it helps

1 Like

Hello Catherine, I must learn to stay on my side of the street. Once I go to the other side to see what everyone else is doing I get sucked back into that lifestyle. I focus on what I’m doing and what God is doing for me.
Stay sober my friend.

1 Like