Someone overdosed at the 3/4 house I'm at. I'm don't

Someone overdosed at the 3/4 house I'm at. I'm don't know if this is really the best place for me to be. I chose to come here after 5 months inpatient because I thought it would be a safe environment, now 6 days in and this happens. Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated.

That is somewhat common unfortunately. I would gauge the safety of the house by judging if the staff do enough to prevent the overdose (or owner of the house) like do they have good policies? How do they enforce them? Any drug testing? Room checks? And how did they respond to the overdose? Did they process with other residents? Do they seem to care about how you were impacted?

Maybe talk to inpatient staff and ask for advice or referrals?

The house mom responded with narcan and 911. Not a lot of processing, just a "this is a stark reminder of what can happen"

Yeah. That sounds unhelpful therapeutically. The house Mom probably doesn’t have counseling skills and did the most important thing. Not criticizing her. I’m curious about the house owner. These types of houses are notorious for not providing any services. If you weren’t transitioned to outpatient treatment, maybe you might look into that? If you can’t find a safe sober house, maybe live alone and go to as many sober support groups and events as you can. Put you first. You are fighting for your life. You deserve safety and caring services.

1 Like

I had a friend OD in a VA sober living. Not saying he did it himself because there is a lot don't add up, but if the government run facility can't stop it from happening who can. Shoot I have seen people who OD in prison

Sounds like you might want to find another place